How To Order A Gun Online
This section will show you a few simple steps you need to complete in order to purchase a firearm online.
- Choose a firearm you want to buy on a website and add it to cart. Proceed to checkout.
Choose your FFL dealer.
- Firearms cannot be shipped directly to your address, but to your local FFL dealer. Any legitimate gun store or gun dealer nearby has an FFL license; pawn shops and collectors may also have them.
- A list of FFL dealers should be provided on the website. If not, find a local dealer. FFL finder http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/SearchForFFL.aspx.
- Contact the FFL dealer to check their fee’s and pickup process.
- Pick up your firearm from the FFL dealer. Your invoice with your phone number and a copy of the FFL should be included in your order.
If you are picking your firearm up from the store or intend on purchasing your firearm in the store you are required to show a current State ID or Driver's License in order to verify identity.
How old do I have to be to purchase a firearm online?
You must check your local and state laws but to purchase a rifle or shotgun you have to be 18 or older, and 21 or older to purchase a handgun.
I live in California, can I purchase a firearm?
Yes, but handguns and rifles are heavily restricted in CA. If the firearm does not appear on State of California's Department of Justice Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale, the seller cannot ship it to California. It is up to you to ensure that the rifle or shotgun is permitted for sale in your state.
Firearms that are shipping to California with the magazine capacity greater than 10 will ship without any magazines unless the firearm is stated as being California Compliant.
If you purchase a firearm that is not legal for sale in the state of California you will be refunded your purchase amount, minus a restocking fee.
Can I purchase ammunition online?
Most states allow ammunition to be shipped directly to your home or place of business.
Keep in mind that federal law requires that you must be at least 18 years old to purchase shotgun or rifle ammunition, and 21 years or older to purchase handgun ammunition.